To begin playing charitable games in Louisiana, you must:
- Have been actively domiciled in Louisiana for two consecutive years immediately preceeding application.
- Meet financial suitability.
- Establish by-laws, articles of incorporation, a charter, etc. for your organization.
- File with the Secretary of State.
- File with the Internal Revenue Service for a 501(c) status. This is a tax-exempt status determined by the IRS for charitable organizations.
- Locate and establish a place to play your games.
- Submit an application for licensure to the Office.
- Attend the required training given by the Office.
- Purchase supplies from a distributor licensed by the Office.
Important Notes to Remember
- All organization members and officers are subject to suitability requirements.
- A Member-In-Charge (MIC) must be present at each game. It is recommended that the organization have more than one MIC to share the duties.
- All organizations will be subject to inspections, audits, quarterly report reviews, etc.
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office.